Tomorrow is… Joe’s birthday!!
Happy Birthday, best friend!
Also, it is National Oatmeal Cookie Day.
Best Oatmeal Cookies
This is a family favorite that I have been making for years. It’s the most requested oatmeal cookie recipe I’ve ever made. I found it somewhere years ago, but have lost the source. The secret is soaking the raisins which makes all the difference.
by Merrie Wold
1¼ hours 1 hour prep
|3||eggs, well beaten|
|1||cup brown sugar|
|1||cup white sugar|
|2 1/2||cups flour|
|2||teaspoons baking soda|
|3/4||cup chopped pecans|
Not the one? See other Best Oatmeal Cookies Recipes
- This is a very important first step that makes the cookie: combine eggs, raisins and vanilla and let stand for one hour.
- Cream together butter and sugars.
- Add flour, salt, cinnamon and soda and mix well.
- Blend in egg-raisin mixture, oatmeal, and chopped nuts.
- Dough will be stiff.
- Drop by heaping teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet, or roll into balls and flatten slightly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
“Best Oatmeal Cookies” Recipe #54351
Posted: Feb 18, 2003
photo by CulinaryQueen