My Dad recently gave me a book by John C. Maxwell to read ~ “25 Ways To Win With People; How To Make Others Feel Like A Million Bucks”. It is quite interesting that Dad would be reading this, since I thought he was the master. He’s always been amazing at making people feel good about themselves.
Pictured here is a family who he has helped in many ways. They now host a weekly Bible club with many neighborhood children. My Dad is constantly winning with people, and here are some ways that you can, too:
1. Start with yourself.
2. Practice the 30-second rule. (Within the first 30 seconds, say something encouraging.)
3. Let people know you need them.
4. Create a memory and visit it often.
5. Compliment people in front of other people.
6. Give others a reputation to uphold.
7. Say the right words at the right time.
8. Encourage the dreams of others.
9. Pass the credit on to others.
10. Offer your very best.
11. Share a secret with someone.
12. Mine the gold of good intentions.
13. Keep your eyes off the mirror.
14. Do for others what they can’t do for themselves.
15. Listen with your heart.
16. Find the keys to their hearts.
17. Be the first to help.
18. Add value to people.
19. Remember a person’s story.
20. Tell a good story.
21. Give with no strings attached.
22. Learn your mailman’s name.
23. Point out people’s strengths.
24. Write notes of encouragement.
25. Help people win.
That’s my Dad, and I love him so much!
Thank you, Mr. Maxwell, for writing this wonderful book!